Today’s chart belongs to software company Aspen Technology (AZPN). I found the stock by first sorting Barchart’s best stocks to buy list by the percentage closest to its 52-week high, then using the Flipchart feature to review charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/29, the stock has gained 2.41%.
Aspen Technology, Inc. provides solutions for enterprise asset performance management, asset performance monitoring and asset optimization worldwide. The company’s solutions address complex environments where optimizing the design, operation and maintenance lifecycle of assets is essential. It offers artificial intelligence of objects, hybrid models of Aspen, asset performance management, OSI digital network management and performance engineering; production optimization for base polymers, olefins, refining and specialty chemicals; subsurface science and engineering; and optimizing the value chain for energy and polymers and specialty chemical solutions.
The company serves bulk chemicals, consumer packaged goods, downstream, food and beverage, metals and mining, midstream and LNG, pharmaceuticals, polymers, pulps and paper, specialty chemicals, transportation, upstream, and water and wastewater industries; power generation, transmission and distribution industries; and the engineering, procurement and construction industries. Aspen Technology, Inc. was incorporated in 2021 and is headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts.
Barchart’s opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and therefore may change during the day depending on market fluctuations. The indicator numbers listed below may therefore not correspond to what you see live on the Barchart.com website when reading this report.
Histogram Technical Indicators:
- Buy signals 100% technical but increasing
- 85.77+ Alpha weighted
- Gain of 80.51% over the past year
- Trend Spotter Buy Signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 4 new highs and a rise of 2.41% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.42%
- Technical support level at 220.05
- Recently traded at 230.99 with a 50 day moving average of 205.92
- Market capitalization $14.68 billion
- Revenue is expected to increase by 59.60% this year and another 9.50% next year
- Revenues are expected to grow by 16.80% this year, another 13.20% next year and continue to grow at an annual rate of 18.20% over the next 5 years
Analysts and Investor Sentiment – I don’t buy stocks because everyone else is buying, but I realize that if big companies and investors abandon a stock, it’s hard to make money against it. running :
- Wall Street analysts gave 4 strong buy and 4 buy recommendations on the stock.
- Analyst price targets of $182.00 to $255.00 with an average of $214.67.
- Individual investors on Motley Fool voted 82 to 32 for the stock to beat the market, with more experienced investors voting 15 to 2 for the same outcome.
- 5,020 investors are watching the stock on Seeking Alpha.
Summary of assessments
465 out of 4685
Classified in the sector
60 out of 636
Ranked in the industry
8 of 197
Quantitative ratings beat the market »