PARTNER CONTENT: The work of the Region Authority Corporation helps shape the future of technology for the public good. Due to factors such as students’ growing reliance on online resources for homework, the need to facilitate remote learning, the adoption of new teaching approaches, and the proliferation of connected devices, K-12 classrooms , research labs, universities and colleges are facing new connectivity challenges. It has been studied and explored how academic success and financial success are linked. Its importance in light of the current economic crisis is clear. We provide the resources necessary for American elementary schools, high schools, colleges and research institutes to take decisive steps toward meaningful industry improvements. The means consist of a network of people and technologies, the enthusiasm and energy to bring people together, and the expertise to shape the technologies and tools into sustainable technology platforms. Educators, students, families and legislators must all work more closely together if we are to realize our greatest potential.
Developments in the field of technology
Advanced technology can help low-income areas. Some workers would need to retrain or change jobs to accommodate. Some people may never adapt because change happens so quickly. AI, Big Data and IoT are key national innovation initiatives. They are also part of state and local strategies for the information economy and digital society. The development of these plans begins with primary and secondary education activities. The American Rescue Plan Act grants billions in new discretionary funds to school districts for use over the next three and a half school years. This money will be spent on residential internet infrastructure to enable remote learning, especially in rural and underserved areas. Independent School Districts (ISDs) are key to creating plans and forming partnerships to provide computers and Internet access to students and families.
Technological advancements like 5G and XR are changing the face of school. “XR” stands for “Extended Reality”. Some people, rather than reading about or hearing about a procedure, learn best by participating in it themselves. Using digital tools like a wireless network and electronic device, students can participate in real-time online learning regardless of their physical location. Technology enables the creation of interactive environments where students can visualize concepts and learn in a more hands-on way.
Region Authority Corporation and Nokia are working together to bridge the digital divide.
Higher education institutions have a wide range of requirements that require campus-wide communication. Here are the top use cases driving their need for new broadband wireless connectivity:
- Classroom technologies: Equip classrooms and auditoriums with services such as smart whiteboards, smart podiums or smart lighting.
- Digital Productivity Tools: Provide staff and students with access to office productivity tools on their mobile devices, and provide high-speed access to students taking courses and internships.
- Industry 4.0 Labs: Enable labs to study and research Industry 4.0 technologies using communications technology that will be deployed for business and mission critical loT applications across multiple industries.
- Campus Utilities: Optimizing building, water, power and environmental management through building automation and control systems and loT sensor data. Reliable broadband coverage and connectivity can also help institutions develop new campus-wide logistics systems using automated guided vehicles (AGVs).
- Campus Security: Facilitate the deployment of surveillance cameras, smoke detectors and emergency call buttons on campus. Broadband wireless connectivity can also open the door to video analytics use cases such as drone or robot-based surveillance or automated fever detection based on thermal camera data.
- Campus Communications: Keep academic and operational staff connected to VolP/PBX phone systems and group communication applications such as push-to-talk (PTT) and push-to-video (PTV).
- Digital Signage: Using connected digital billboards to disseminate general information, provide emergency announcements, assist with wayfinding, engage visitors, and simplify campus life.
- Remote Learning: Provide augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) classrooms accessible from anywhere in the world. This capability allows teachers or classrooms to be located on or off campus.
- Residential Student Housing Connectivity: Provide students with quality and affordable high-speed Internet access, facilities management services and emergency calls. The network can also support home automation and smart devices, including smart speakers, doorbells and locks.
- Mobile E-Commerce: Provide secure point-of-sale terminals across campus to support ticket sales, catering, concerts, and events. These capabilities can be supplemented with delivery services based on drones or autonomous vehicles.
WHO WE SERVE
Throughout the business life cycle, we serve both public and private companies. The Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) platform supports critical areas of public and private enterprise digital transformation across the entire lifecycle. Management consulting is something we do. Communication services, industrials, utilities, consumer discretionary, educational services and port terminals are some of the sectors we serve. We are an indirect Nokia reseller, using the Finnish company’s industry-leading private wireless technology. The Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) gives our customers the flexibility they need to innovate quickly and deliver new 5G-enabled services and user experiences. Region Authority Corporation is the enabler of ultra-reliable low latency communications (URLLC) and the massive Internet of Things (IoT). We provide scalable, efficient and well-designed solutions. The whitepaper is now at: https://www.mobileworldlive.com/the-future-is-now-seize-it-the-new-world-of-5g-iot-and-uavs-is-within-your -reach
Shuayb Greenaway, courtesy of Region Authority Corporation
Subscribe to our daily newsletter