CEDIA’s integrated home market analysis also reveals areas of spending, project size and frequency, specific brands, and the latest trends.
FISHERS, Ind. – CEDIA, the global trade association for the home technology industry, has released the results of its Integrated Home Market Analysis survey conducted in partnership with leading market research firm Anchorage Consulting, which outlines a stable home tech industry valued at $20.1 billion. .
Survey respondents submitted their responses online from August to October 2021 and were asked to report sales figures for the past 12 months.
The questions were designed to predict the overall size of the integrated home industry, areas of spending, project size and frequency, specific brands, and latest trends.
Key findings of the report include:
- Based on average annual revenues and project frequency, the integrated domestic market in the United States is worth an estimated $20.1 billion.
- Approximately 11,000 integrator companies operate in the United States with an average annual revenue of $2.2 million and an average project size of $26,000.
- Residential projects account for an average of 83% of turnover
- The average integration company employs 11 people and carries out 70 projects per year
- Most integration companies plan to add a technical staff member within the next 12 months
- Fastest growing categories include lighting/shading, lighting control and networking
- Owners turn to streaming and ‘simpler’ solutions
- The DIY trend continues to add pressure to this market, but not enough to thwart the bullish growth forecast for the next 12 months
“As consumers focused on improving and connecting their lives at home, the growth of the smart home industry was significant,” said CEDIA President and Global CEO Daryl Friedman. “The past two years have shown us all to see the potential of our homes as centers for entertainment, education, work and well-being. Our latest study confirms these leading results, as well as many points of important data available to CEDIA members.”
The 2021 CEDIA Home Market Analysis is free to download for CEDIA members in the Research Library. Non-members can purchase a copy of the report.